Wednesday 31 December 2014

PAST PAPER - PAPER A 2014 GROUP II

PAPER NO. 22 (YEAR 2014 - GROUP II) 
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the followings: 
(i) In the morning glad I see
My foe outstretched beneath the tree
(ii) Ahead shelf above shelf
Its silence I hear and obey 
That I may lose my way
And myself
(iii) But O that I were young again 
And held her in my arms
(iv) If it's only a bit of breakfast, I don't say but what I mightn't get it, if I'm asked decent. 
(v) It is another of our fatal weakness and has kept us out of law and politics and diplomacy - in fact, everything but church. 
2. Attempt any TWO of the following questions. 
(i) Critically analyze the ending of "Rappaccini's Daughter". 
(ii) "Take Pity" critiques the idea of male superiority. Give your own opinion. 
(iii) Discuss the element of humour and absurdity in "The Bear". 
3. Attempt any TWO questions. 
(i) How does Emily Dickinson view death in "Because I Could Not Stop for Death"?
(ii) Can leisure be helpful in rejuvenating life? (Leisure) 
(iii) "After Apple Picking" traces the journey from conscious to subconscious. Discuss. 
4. Attempt any TWO questions. 
(i) "Take the Plunge" deals with human desire to do something unusual. Discuss. (Take the Plunge) 
(ii) The rebuilding of civilization is arduous and impossible without tolerance. Discuss. (Tolerance) 
(iii) Discuss the difference between hosts and guests (Host and Guest) 
5. Attempt any TWO questions. 
(i) What, according to you, is really inspiring in the novel 'The Old Man and the Sea'? 
(ii) Discuss the sea as a living entity in the novel. 
(iii) Write a note on the importance of dreaming in the text. 

No comments:

Post a Comment